How do I apply for credit from a previously completed VET qualification?

You can apply for a Credit Transfer if you have completed the same unit of competency elsewhere.

Credit Transfers – VET to VET can be granted under the following circumstances:

  • When studies taken at another educational institution are equivalent to, or correspond with, the unit of competency, unit of study being applied for.
  • When a unit of competency completed at the College in another qualification has the same Unit Code, and Title, as that required in a second qualification.
  • When the unit of competency or unit of study, completed falls within the Educational Pathways Policy – VET timeframe of three year currency of skills and knowledge for Credit Transfers.

To apply, email your academic record or statement of attainment to to begin the assessment process. This can take up to 28 days.