Please see the latest update to the COVID-19 response for the latest information: View here
The College has been working closely with the relevant government and health authorities and assessing on a daily basis the evolving COVID-19 situation. After careful deliberation and to support a proactive and preventative approach to support the health and wellbeing of all students at this time it has been determined that all campuses and practical workshops will close effective Monday, March 23rd until July 6th 2020*. (* based on confirmation of directive to reopen).
The college is able to confirm that there have been no cases of COVID -19 on any of the campus and this decision has been made to prioritize the continued health and wellbeing of all students. At this time we are dedicated to supporting you in the continuation of your studies online and in an intensive format for practical and clinical classes upon your return in May and June.
If you are due to study on campus between now and Jul 6th 2020, your classes will be live-streamed and recorded via Zoom.
- All links to the classes will be emailed directly to you at least one day prior to your class. Please ensure you check your email, and reach out to your relevant support team via email if you have any issues. Please note, this is for those enrolled to study on campus.
- These classes will cover both theory and practical elements, allowing you to continue your studies from home.
- You will also need to consider the practical assessment information below. SIS303015 Certificate III in Fitness on campus students studying in this time will be required to complete an additional 15 hour workplace internship to ensure all practical hours are met.
If you are due to complete a practical assessment on campus between now and July 6th 2020, these sessions will be cancelled with alternatives available.
- You can choose to complete this assessment via video. This can be completed either in a gym or at home. To do this, you will require both volunteers to act as clients, as well as a range of equipment as outlined on your LMS. If you would like to pursue this option please contact your relevant support team on either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- You can choose to postpone your practical assessment until the next available date if you think the video option is not possible, with extensions granted where required. Again, reach out to your relevant support team on either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to get more information.
If you are studying online, please continue to complete your course as planned, keeping the above information in mind in relation to practical assessments.
If you are currently completing a workplace internship which is put on hold due to gym closures, an extension to your course will be granted if required.
Please note, all professional associations have been contacted and are in full support of these flexible and intensive offerings to support students at this time.
All campuses will be closed and staff working from home across this period to continue to support students. Students will not be able to access during this time.
All events that have large gatherings and social interaction have been postponed and this includes, open days and all expos
To support planning in your studies across this time based on the above please contact your relevant support team on firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 136 632 (ext. 2)
- please reach out to the SAP (Student Assistance Program), this is free on 1800 336 207, these consultations will be able to support stress, anxiety and your planning across this time.
- all staff will remain on board to support you across this time via the normal support communication channels
- detailed COVID-19 Information is available on the FIA Fitnation website and please refer to this for frequent updates at this time.
- we are dedicated to supporting all students on a case by case basis at this time and please connect with student support teams.
Please know that the college is continuing to monitor the situation daily and regular updates will be rolled out via the student portal / LMS/ website and direct communications to your email address as intensive mode delivery timetables are confirmed and FAQ’s collated over the coming weeks. We are committed to supporting you in the continuation of your studies and your health and wellness at this time.